Now Scream This: 10 Streaming Horror Movies About Inanimate Objects That Want to Kill You
(Welcome to Now Scream This , a column where horror experts Chris Evangelista and Matt Donato tell you what scary, spooky, and spine-tingling movies are streaming and where you can watch them.) Matt: With MGM’s Child’s Play reboot opening this week, Chris and I jumped at the chance to suggest streaming horror flicks where the antagonist is, in some way, an inanimate object. The film’s villain may be a house, or a piece of furniture, or an auto part for heaven’s sake. All of those films exist, most in multiple iterations. Sometimes evil spirits possess human vessels; other times they bring unspeakable damnation to satin-sheeted beds as comfortable as they are deadly. Can you blame horror cinema for getting a little creative? Chris: I’m a big fan of possessed/cursed/haunted object movies, so I was excited to dig into this topic. Then I realized a lot of these movies are, well…bad. But I think Matt and I did a fine job of gathering together the best of the bunch. Especially me...